“Your mind is a powerful thing, when you fill it with positive thoughts, your life will start to change”
“Self-discipline begins with the mastery of your thoughts. If you don’t control what you think, you can’t control what you do”
Your mind is so damn powerful and will determine the kind of life you live. Your daily routine, your attitude, your relationships, etc.
It’s a daily practice!
Holy Shiiiiiit I’d be lying if I told you everyday was filled with all positive thoughts and positive things that come out of my mouth. I am NOT perfect.
I will tell you it for damn sure didn’t happen over night and STILL till this day I have moments or even days where negative thoughts will creep into my mind. I catch myself and instantly think about things that make me happy.
Ways To Help Rid Negative Thoughts:
- Figure out exactly where these thoughts are coming from. Talk about them. Analyze them. Write them down. Get to the bottom of them. Adjust them.
Your mind thinks- ” She has really nice legs. My legs will never look like hers”
Adjust your mindset to ” I’ve been working out so hard and I can’t wait to see the results I have in a few months from my hard work and consistency!”
- Read “Change your words, change your thoughts” by Joyce Myers
It. Will. Change. Your. Life. You will realize you are NOT the only person having these thoughts and she will teach you ways to rid negative thoughts and emotions. *Even if you are not religious I still recommend this book*
- Go for a stroll. Walk. Run. Bike. Take 20-30 and enjoy nature. Listen to your favorite music and spend some time on you.
- Go for a workout. Find a lifting workout I’ve written under my fitness tab and go pump some iron. Guaranteed 10/10 will make you feel like you WILL conquer the world!
- Take a bath. Something about a bath bomb and candles makes me happy.
- Listen to a motivational podcast. This is something I do not do enough of but when I do I LOVE it! It makes me feel so energized and excited for life. LOL
- Meditate. The single most underrated activity in my opinion. I used to feel kinda silly mediating and still sometimes if Ryan is around I won’t do it because I feel silly but it seriously makes me feel so good! Find an app. I used Headspace until my trial was over and now I use youtube and debating on using a different email to get more free sessions on Headspace. 😉
Conquer your mind and YOU CAN DO ANYTHING.
If you take anything from this post it’s that I achieved these results by discipline and hard ass work. Adjusting my mindset has taught me disciple, determination, consistency, and so many other things.
Stop limiting yourself. Adjust your mindset and go achieve your goals!
GO GET ‘EMMMMM!
* Blog post to come on my daily gym routine and nutrition *