Happy Easter! Happy April Fools day! Today’s my birthday…APRIL FOOLS!🎉 just kidding today really is my birthday 💕
I’m not sure if it’s just me but it seems like the older I get the faster life is happening. Each day I wake up more grateful to be alive than the day before and don’t even try to hide my thoughts of how insanely lucky and blessed we are to live the way we live. It’s amazing the opportunities we have, the freedom, the power, and the resources to be whoever and whatever we want to be. The other day I think I recall my exact words to my boyfriend while we were looking at plants at Ace hardware “Can you believe that this little plant creates fruit and vegetables that help us to live” HAHA. seriously. It’s so amazing. Life is so dang cool.
Without further ado, here are 25 things I have learned in my 25 years of being on this planet.
1. If you want a dog/ puppy, get one!
Getting Kyia, our puppy was the most impulse thing I’ve ever done but still until this day, the best thing I have ever done. She is my absolute best buddy and I cannot imagine my life without her. YES! It’s hard and she’s expensive, but for all the smiles, laughs, and cuddles she’s given me in her short time being in my life so far she is 110% worth it.
2. Love who you love.
Life. Is. So. Short. Love who you love and don’t ever forget to tell them.
3. There is always room for growth.
In your personal life, the gym, yoga world, etc. there is always room to get better. Keep killin’ it
4. Be proud of who you are and what you are becoming. Be proud of every single step you take.
5. Find what you LOVE to do
6. The gym is NOT life
7. Procrastination is not your friend
Yeah, ask Ryan I freakin’ struggle with time management, buttttt cmon I’m not perfect. I KNOW getting shit done is the way to go. New year, new me. 😉
8. If you want something done, do it.
Nothing is going to get done WHEN you want it and HOW you want it done, so better just knock it out yourself.
9. 80/20 diet is life
Sometimes I want a cheese burger, pizza, fried chicken, and ice cream all in one week. And while I will treat myself often, I feel so amazing when I’m eating whole foods that are filling and clean.
10. Taking care of your skin is THE most important thing you can do
Wear sunscreen, wash your face, use moisturizer, invest in good products. IT IS SO IMPORTANT.
11. Wash your bedsheets often. Getting into a clean bed is one of the best feelings ￼everrrr
12. Daily water consumption is key.
13. If you really want something, buy it. ESPECIALLY if it is something that can potentially make you money in the future.
14. Don’t take your family/friends for granted. They’re your rock. Lean on them, love on them, make sure they know how much you care.
15. Make your space feel homey.
Apartment, rent house, studio, whatever it is. Make it a happy space that you love coming home to.
16. Your education can never be taken away from you. Read, learn, research, fill your mind with things that help you be more knowledgeable. Never stop learning.
17. Life’s all about who you know.
18. Keep your circle small.
19. Happiness and motivation come from within.
20. Pick. Your. Battles.
Mannn this is a tough one for me but I get better every year!