What a hot topic! I’d go as far to say that 99% of females I talk to about fitness say something about changing their butts. Anything from “I want a bigger butt” to ” I want to tone my butt” and if I’m talking to males it’s comments like “she has a nice butt or damn look at her ass” I mean honestly think about it. Would it be crazy to say that butts are everything? They’re all over social media, in magazines, the focus of many workout programs, etc. OK. Butts are everything.
So… How long does it take to grow your booty. Honestly it depends. (Insert huge SIGH here) It depends on what ya momma gave ya(and your dad), what you’re eating, how often you’re eating, how you are lifting, how often you’re lifting, etc.
It really is quite simple. Your glutes are just like any other muscle. You have to consistently train them for them to grow. There are specific exercises you can do to focus on building your glutes but you absolutely have to stay disciplined in training them. Sure you are going to develop some muscle in 4 weeks but in order to have the butt of your dreams, you have to stay consistent for much longer than 4 weeks. That’s not to discourage you! I am just trying to help you understand that you have to be determined and dedicated for more than 4 weeks to have noticeable changes in your glutes.
Consistency is key!
You have to eat enough calories in order for your booty to grow. In my personal experience (and this may not apply for everyone) I have noticed the most glute growth when I eat at a surplus. Meaning, I am eating more calories than I would normally be eating if I was trying to lose weight or maintain my weight. I am also lifting heavy weight. When I eat more, I have way more motivation and energy to get into the gym and lift hard!
If it is your goal to grow your booty, here is my best advice:
- Do your research. Find the best glute focused exercises. Some examples of these would be hip thrusters, squats, sumo dead lifts, Glute ham raises, heavy lunges, and resistance band exercises. Workout hard! 3x a week lift that booty off. Obviously I cannot tailor this blog post to specific people but do your research. If you are new to the gym ease into it. Perfect your form. That is THE most important thing you can do.
- Eat. Eat. Eat. Im telling you, EAT! Focus on good nutrition.
- Rest. Rest is very important. I understand you want that booty to grow. Rest is going to get you there.
- Focus on single leg exercises. I personally notice a lot of fatigue in my booty when I do 70/30 “single leg” exercises. Meaning 70% of my weight on one leg and 30% of my weight on the other leg.
- Make an 8 week scheduled and stick to it. Once you get the hang of it and you are being consistent, that booty will grow!
- Don’t waste your money on programs that promise to grow your butt in X amount of weeks. Educate yourself. The internet is FULL of information that can help you reach your goals.
Best of luck growin’ that booty. And remember you already have a nice butt…you’re just making it nicer! 😉