Hello Hello Hello!
For those of you who don’t know, fitness is a big part of my life and has been for years. I love just about anything active and I especially love to lift weights. While my boxer puppy keeps my cardio up, it takes a bit of creativity to make up lifts that are going to challenge me all while ensuring I am going to get the best lift in the shortest amount of time. I think it would be fun to share my weekly workouts ahead of time to make sure I’m staying motivated as well as encouraging a few of you get up and get moving as well.
It can be so challenging. Trust me. I know it can be difficult but you feel So. Much. Better. Afterwards. I could name a 100+ excuses why today i’m not going to have time to get in the gym but, I make it a priority because I love it and it makes me feel so good about myself. It makes me want to eat better, I feel better because I love what I see when I look in the mirror, it allows me to set physical goals that feel so good to be met, I sleep better, etc. etc.
Ps. You DO NOT have to have a gym to get moving. In fact, there are days I do not want to step foot in the gym or the weather is way too nice so I’ll modify my workout and take it outside.
So lets get started!
Before each lift I’ll warm up really good with a 2-3 minute walk, 5-10 minute dynamic warm up, body squats, stretching, just depending on how i’m feeling. Up until these last couple of years I never felt the need to warm up and didn’t really understand the importance BUT lesson learned the hard way, warm up those muscles!
- 4×8 Squats
- 4×15 GHR with a hard squeeze holding 35lb plate
- 4×10-15 Hip thrusters SS Frog pumps 4×15+ for feel
- 3×10 Reverse single leg lunge SS band walks
- 3×10 Single leg half squat with weight SS Walking lunges
- 3×15 RDL SS Single leg hip raises
- 1×12 DB RDL drop set
- 5×6 Pull ups (modified)
- 3×12 Lat pull-down SS Face pulls
- 3×12 TRX row SS Seated bicep curl
- 3×10 Bent over row SS Single arm bicep curl
- 3×10 Seated row SS Ab circles on Workout ball
- 21’s bicep curls
- 3×12 Deadlifts
- 2×12 Sumo Deadlifts
- 3×12 Seated Shoulder press SS Tricep Push ups
- 3×12 Standing Arnold press SS Skull crushers
- 4x 8 Lateral raises- drop sets SS Front raises- Drop sets
- 3×30 Second handstand against wall
- 3×10 Front squat
- 5×15+ Hip thrusters SS Band thrusters
- 4×20 lunges SS DB Split squat
- 4×15 GHR with a hard squeeze holding 35lb plate SS Leg Raises SS RDLS
- 3×10 Single leg weighted squat onto bench SS 1 minute plank
- 3×15 KB Swings SS Rope crunches
Friday: Pull ups- Body weight exercises
- 3×8 4 Variations of pull ups
1. Band Assisted pull ups
2. Negative pull ups – Jump into the pull up and SLOWLY come down
3. Hold and hang
4. DB row on a inclined bench- Squeeze
- 5x 25 Body squats, Pistol squats, push ups, hanging leg raises, Single leg hip raises, GHR- no weight, Pulse squats.
It is important to note that every workout I have provided above can be modified. Ok, what does that mean? Well, for example, Instead of doing glute ham raised holding a 35lb weight, hold no weight and really focus on that glute squeeze every time. Or instead of doing 10-15 reps of an exercise, focus extremely hard on your muscle/mind connection and squeeze really hard for 8 solid reps.